12 Apr Chateau Cana
Virtual Tasting Room:
Almost as good as being there!
Recently named to the World’s 2021 Best Vineyard list, Chateau Cana was founded by Dr. Fadi Gerges in the 1990s, and is now run by his daughter Joanna. Situated in the lush Lamartine Valley, the winery is a 30-minute drive from the capital city of Beirut. The vineyard is planted with 60% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Sabbaghieh, and 10% Chardonnay. The gravely soil, variable climatic conditions, and hilltop vineyards combine to produce grapes with an unforgettable taste profile. Harvest is done by hand with minimal intervention made to the grapes during fermentation. Select wines created by Chateau Cana include Les Cabires in red, blanc, and rose; Jardin Secret, created from 100% Sabbaghieh, a Lebanese grape; Pinot Noir; Le Chateau; Selection Speciale; and the traditional Lebanese spirit Arak Soukara. The architectural beauty of the winery includes welcoming indoor and outdoor spaces, and an intimate guesthouse perfect for a reflective weekend.
- The majority of employees at Château Cana are women
- This female-driven winery is the only winery that produces wine from the grape called “Sobbaghieh”
- What started of as a humanitarian project, turned into a business for generations to come
- At the winery, there is a venue area for events as well as a small private guesthouse
- Our guard dog is called “Pinot”